Steak is originally a non veg dish , a large piece of meat or fish which is cooked by grilling or frying. But I have given a twist to it. A non veg dish turned into a vegetarian dish. The innovation started when my daughter wanted to have a steak. The Meat was not available at that time. So I thought of making it with Cottage Cheese which was readily available. I cut big slices from Cottage cheese block around ¼ inch of thickness, marinated them for 10 min and grilled them. Made a salad of French Beans and Carrots as condiment.
This dish is rich in protein and fibre too.
4 Big Slices of Cottage Cheese ¼ " Thick.( Paneer)
1 Tbsp Olive oil (or any cooking oil)
1 Tbsp Chilli Flakes
1 Tbsp Pizza Seasoning
1 Tbsp of All purpose flour ( Maida)
1 Tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Red Chilli sauce.
1 Tsp Salt
250 gm French Beans
8 to 10 pods of garlic.
4 Whole Dry red chillies cut diagonally
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Here we go.
1 Wash Beans and remove Stems. Cut them into half.
2. Peel Carrots and cut into long pieces length wise.
3. Steam both Carrot and Beans till half cooked and crunchy.
4. Crush garlic pods in a pestle. and Cut Dry red chillies diagonally.
5. Heat Oil in a pan. Add Crushed garlic and dry red chillies. Saute for a minute and add Steamed vegetables, salt oregano and chillii flakes. Saute for two minutes and serve alongside Cheese Steak.
Cheese Steak Preparation.
1 Add the ingredients listed under for Marination to a bowl. Whisk all the ingredients together. Brush this Marination on the upper side of Paneer slice. Leave 5 min.
2. Heat a non- stick grill pan or Electric griller.
3. Cheese slices in the grill with Marination side downward. Spread Marination on the upper side also. Grill for 1 min on both the sides. The paneer slices should not be crisp. It should be tender and juicy.
Remove Paneer Slices from grill and serve with Carrot and Beans Salad.
Keep Paneer soft and Juicy. Avoid over grilling.
Post a Comment