Some recipes seem easy but are difficult to cook, whereas some dishes look difficult but are very easy to cook. Sandwiches are one such snack. Two slices of bread with any type of fillings inside, sandwiches are quick to assemble and are a good choice when you are in a hurry. It requires no cooking expertise so even beginners can make it. Sandwiches are good for breakfast or snacks.
Multigrain bread, brown bread and wheat bread make ideal choice for a healthy sandwich, instead of White bread. Since sandwiches are kids favorite, so why not make them healthy.
Here I am sharing a healthy recipe of sandwiches, made from Brown Bread, boiled eggs, tomatoes, capsicum and cashew paste.
The Sandwiches can be toasted or if the bread is fresh and moist they taste good untoasted also.
We Need :
8 Slices of Brown Bread
15 cashews soaked overnight or give 3 minutes in water in microwave/ 2 tbsp mayonnaise
5 Hard boiled Eggs
1 Medium Sized Capsicum
1 Medium Sized Tomato
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Mustard Sauce
1 Tbsp Chilli Flakes
1 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tsp Garlic powder ( optional)
1 Tsp Black pepper Powder
Let us Start:
1. Put soaked cashews in a grinder jar and make a smooth paste adding a little water. If this does not suit you, you can simply substitute it with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
2. Remove seeds from tomatoes and capsicum.
3. Chop Tomatoes and capsicum finely.
4. Separate Whites and Yolks from the boiled eggs .
5. Chop all egg whites finely.
6. Mash egg yolks of 3 eggs and discard the rest.
7. In a bowl take egg whites, yolks, tomotoes, capsicum, cashew paste, chilli flakes, oregano, black pepper powder, garlic powder, Mustard sauce and salt.
8. Mix every thing well.
9. You can also substitute 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise with cashew paste. If you are using mayonnaise, reduce the quantity of salt, as mayonnaise already has salt in it.
10. Take a slice of Brown bread and spread the mixture on it.
11. Cover it with another slice.
12. Toast it on hot girdle from both the sides.
Your Healthy Sandwiches are ready to be eaten.
You can pair them with hot tea or coffee. If you prefer cold beverage in summer then enjoy them with Mango Shake or Cold Coffee. They taste equally good with both the combinations.
Enjoy and do let me know how you liked them.
If you are making them to be used later ,then spread butter on both the slices and then spread filling. This way butter will lock the moisture of the filling and it will not make the bread soggy and you can use them later without spoiling the shape and taste of the Sandwich.