This Easy recipe of cheesy spinach Spaghetti is just perfect for weekend. Made with spinach, Basil, corriander and green chillies, it is full of flavours. It is neither spicy nor bland . The italian seasoning gives a perfect aroma. It can be conveniently cooked in two parts. You can prepare the sauce in advance and refrigerate it. When you have a weekend party, just boil Spaghetti and add to it. This sauce has a tendency to get thick after cooling. If that happens add milk as per requirement to adjust it's consistency.
This recipe doesn't need much effort and is totally basic .In today's hectic life, this fills the gap. Perfect combination of health and taste. As I always prefer Duram wheat pasta, so this spaghetti is no exception. I always prefer to cook my food with fresh ingredients. In this recipe also I have used all the ' green ' ingredients from my kitchen garden. While buying food from store, I always check the date on the packing as food nearing to expiry doesn't taste good.
This recipe is definitely going to tickle your taste buds. So what are we waiting for, let's get started.
We need :
150 gm Spaghetti
1 Cup Spinach
¼ Cup Coriander leaves
6 Basil Leaves( Tulsi)
2 Green Chillies
7 Cloves of Garlic
2 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Chilli flakes
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Salt or to taste
2 Tbsp grated Mozzarella Cheese
2 tsp All purpose flour( Maida)
2 Tsp Butter
1 Cup Milk
Let us start:
1. Boil Spaghetti in 4 cups of salty water with 2 tsp of oil for 10 to 12 min on Medium flame till ' aldante'. That means it should be tender not musshy. When done drain the water and keep aside.
2. Blanch Spinach in boiling water. Take out immediately from hot water and immerse it in ice cold water to retain its colour. Alternatively You can use Raw Spinach as well. It tastes fine.
3. Make a smooth Paste of Coriander, Basil, Green chilli , Blanched Spinach( or Raw) garlic with 2 tsp olive oil in a blender. Keep aside this green paste.
4. Heat 2 Tsp of Butter in a pan. When the butter melts add 2 Tsp of all purpose flour ( maida) to it. Keep on stirring on a slow flame for 2 min till raw flavour of maida is gone but the colour of it should not change.
5. Slowly Add milk to the pan. Continue stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Adjust consistency of the sauce. The white sauce should coat the back of the spoon
6. Now slowly Add Green paste to the white sauce in the pan. Keep on stirring till both the sauces mix evenly. Let the sauce boil for 2 to 3 minute. Add Mozzarella Cheese, italian seasoning and chilli flakes.
7. Gradually add boiled Spaghetti to the Spinach sauce and mix evenly. Serve Hot.
When Blanching Spinach avoid overboiling it as it would spoil the taste. Process of Blanching : Boil one cup of water and add spinach to it. Turn off the flame. Keep Spinach in hot water for 2 min. Remove from hot water and immediately immerse in cold water.
You can use Raw baby Spinach as well.
As the Spinach sauce tends to get thick therefore it is advisable to add Spaghetti immediately before serving after adjusting the consistency by adding more milk to it. The sauce should coat the Spaghetti.
Beautiful recipe and great tasteReplyDelete
Tried your this recipe , came out to be amazingly deliciousReplyDelete